Dr. Thomas R. Vaughn, D.C.
Dr. Vaughn has been in practice for 25 years. He is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Life University in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Vaughn’s undergraduate studies were at Brigham Young University. He has additional training in functional capacity evaluations, manipulation under anesthesia, extremity adjusting, cervical trauma management, laser technology, rehabilitation, and acupuncture.
He was a research assistant at Life University and co-authored a paper “The Effects of Vectored Adjusting Atlas Vertebra” presented at the 3rd Annual Upper Cervical Conference in 1986.
In the Las Vegas area, He is the designated Department of Transportation evaluator for Knight Transportation and is also an Independent Chiropractic Examiner and Impairment Rating Specialist for workers compensation in Nevada.
Dr. Vaughn is trained in functional movement (FMS and SFMA) which is a system that documents body movement patterns that are keys to normal function and identifies functional limitations and asymmetries. Exercises are then identified that will most effectively restore proper movement, build strength, enhance posture, and balance. This system is used by Cirque De Soleil, the Indianapolis Colts, and other sports teams to analyze their athletes. This caring doctor brings his skills with movement patterns into the office to treat the athlete and non-athlete patient.
When he is not spending time with his wife of 30 years and their four daughters, you will find him playing tennis. He plays for a 4.0 tennis club for which he competes locally. Over the past few years Dr. Vaughn and his team have played well enough to make it to nationals. Many local tennis players seek out care with the doctor because of his knowledge of tennis injuries.
- Studied biology and zoology at Bringham Young University and is a
- Summa Cum Laude graduate of Life Chiropractic University.
- He has additional training in functional capacity evaluations, manipulation under anesthesia, extremity adjusting, cervical trauma management, laser technology, rehabilitation, and acupuncture.
- Complete Injury Management
- ABIME Independent Chiropractic Examiner since 2012
- DIR Designated Rating Physician, Nevada since 2012
- Designated Department of Transportation Evaluator for Knight Transportation since 2011
- Co-authored a paper entitled “The Effects of Vectored Adjusting Atlas Vertebra” presented at the 3rd annual Cervical Conference, 1986